Cordon is a portable system that is able to track the speed of up to 32 vehicles simultaneously. the system shows an image of the license plate for each vehicle detected that is superimposed over the video image.
The data displayed for each vehicle is its warning level: “cars tagged with a green dot are traveling below the speed limit, those with a yellow marking are chugging along within an acceptable range above the limit, while vehicles with a red tab are just asking for trouble.” “Whenever a car enters its range, the Cordon will automatically generate two images: one from wide-angle view and one closeup shot of the vehicle’s license plate.”- via Engadget.
Cordon is expected to go on sale in the US in 2012.
The full spec sheet lists the follwing as key features and bennifits:
- Advanced radar simultaneously measures speeds and positions of all oncoming and outgoing targets in control area. It provides a strict correspondence between measured speed and the vehicle marked on multi-target image.
- Speed sensor provides a control area including up to 4 traffic lanes.
- Automatic detection of reserved bus (or taxi) lane violations.
- Automatic detection of driving on the wrong side of the road.
- Automatic saving of violation data on SD memory card installed in speed sensor.
- Night time operation using integrated IR spotlights.
- On-board GPS/GLONASS navigation unit downloads the GPS/GLONASS coordinates to the violation record.
- Data Encryption and protection of software and output file prevents tampering with data and compromising of evidence.
- User-friendly touch-screen display for easy initial setup and deployment of the unit.
- Option to continuously stream captured traffic violation data to a centralized database using wired or wireless communication channels (VPN channel over 3G, WiMAX, Wi-Fi). This minimizes back office processing effort and eliminates the possibility of lost or damaged physical media.
- Optional wireless diagnostic channel for remote servicing of speed sensor.
Here is a video of Cordon in action: